Sounds perfect to me, And to anticipate any issues you might have...
Here is a good little github project that provides ACL management
https://github.com/interlock/acl_plugin

Just read it up on the CakePHP book listed on that project, try out
the ACL+Auth setup on a dummy project first and then go ahead. Thats
what I would do.