A "file" type form will not give any "extension" field. In your
exemple, the field "archive" will be an array with fields mime,
tmp_name, name, size, error ..
If you want to validate this, you woul have to extract the "extension"
from the file name.. However, I would use the mime field to validate
the type of field.

Some hints here:
http://www.jonnyreeves.co.uk/2008/06/cakephp-uploaded-file-validation-in-models/