On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:45 AM, varai <vaanip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A small mistake, I don't want to specify the width for #navbar and I
> want it to inherit the width from the #header (ie. width:100%).
> #navbar comes inside #header.
> navbar's css rules are in nav_bar.css and header's css rules are in
> cake.generic.css. So, how do i link these 2 css files so that navbar
> inherits the width of header?
>
> if I put the following in nav_bar.css, it doesn't seem to work.
> @import "cake.generic.css";
> #header #navbar {
>        margin: 0;
>        padding: 0;
>        height: 1em;
>         }

Is navbar.css loaded? Use Firebug or Webdeveloper plugin to check.

Is #navbar inside of #header or does it come after? Your rule is for
the former case.

Also, block elements default to 100% width, in any case.

Other than getting the css file loaded from a Cake layout is a CSS
issue and outside of the scope of this list.