PREACHER CAKE
  Added by Susan J Swanson [sjskukana] on Apr 2, 2011

  *My Dad (Edward Kielpikowski) loved to make this cake for company,
potlucks, and for just general eating. He always said it was easy to
remember because it took 2 of everything. That is almost true with the
exception of salt and nuts - their measurement is 1/2 and the can of
pineapple, but it was a 20 oz can. :) Most of the time my parents served
this without the rich frosting as that made it deadly - just kidding,
but it is certainly "rich" enough without it... LOL This recipe came
from my Mom's Aunt Estelle (Melton) .

Cook time:35 Min

Ingredients

  - 2 c sugar (may cut the sugar to 1 cup - 1 1/2 cups as

it is very sweet)

- 2 c all-purpose flour

- 2 eggs

- 2 tsp baking soda

- 1/2 tsp salt

- 2 tsp vanilla

- 1/2 c nuts - walnuts or any that you prefer

- 1 can(s) 20 ounces crushed pineapple - undrained (i use

pineapple in it's own juice)

FROSTING

- 1 pkg 8 ounce cream cheese - softened

- 1 3/4 c powdered sugar

- 1/4 c butter or margarine

- 1/4 tsp salt

- 1/2 c nuts - walnuts or any that you prefer

- 2 tsp vanilla

Directions

1.   CAKE: Combine dry ingredients; add remaining ingredients and mix by
hand.

2.   Bake in a 9 x 13 prepared pan at 350 degrees for approximately
30-45 minutes. Do not over bake or it will be rubbery, but still
delicious :)

3.   FROSTING: Mix well and spread on cake in pan. Enjoy! * If you would
like to save calories, instead of using the frosting, just sprinkle top
of cake with a bit of powdered sugar and enjoy! * There is NO milk,
butter, or oil in the cake. * You may add other fruits or coconut if you
like: some suggestions are: dried cranberries, raisins, currants, tub of
mixed dried fruit, and even fresh blueberries. * I suggest that you may
cut the sugar to 1 cup as it is very sweet. I often cut the sugar in
recipes.

--

*Ginny Butterfield
Cranberry Twp, PA