Chocolate Cobbler
  Added by Erin Latch [erinlatch] on May 31, 2010

  This recipe is great anytime! I take is to family dinners and I fix it
in the mornings to take to work for breakfast.

Ingredients

  - 2 stk butter

  - 1 1/4 c sugar

- 1 1/2 c self rising flour

- 1 tsp vanilla

- 3/4 c milk

CHOCOLATE LAYER

- 1 c sugar

- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder

- 2 c boiling water

Directions

1.   Preheat oven to 350. In a 9x13 glass baking dish, melt the two
sticks of butter in the oven.

2.   Meanwhile in a bowl, mix together the 1 1/4cups of sugar, flour,
vanilla and milk. Once the butter is melted pour the batter over the
butter, but do not stir.

3.   In a separate bowl mix together the cocoa and remaining sugar.

4.   Sprinkle cocoa/sugar mixture on top of batter. Do not stir.

5.   Pour the 2 cups of boiling water on top of that (don't stir) and
bake for 30-45 minutes. I bake mine until I have a nice golden brown
crust. In my oven this usually take about 35 minutes. Serve warm. Great
with ice cream

--

*Ginny Butterfield
Cranberry Twp, PA