Am 16.09.2019 um 15:39 schrieb Jonathan Morton:
On 16 Sep, 2019, at 4:28 pm, Justin Kilpatrick <jus...@althea.net> wrote:

OpenWRT 18.06.4 on a glb1300 and 10+ virtual interfaces with cake. Total memory
usage is 70MB for everything.
My IQrouter, which is Archer C7 hardware, is presently running with 73MB free
out of 128MB, after nearly 43 days uptime with heavy usage.  It has at least
two Cake instances running, on a recent kernel.

I see from the forum logs that kernel 3.18.x is in use there.  That's very old
indeed, and I believe there were some fairly big differences in packet memory
management since then.  It would be entirely possible for some memory
management bug to be introduced by a vendor patch, for example.
i dont use vendor patches. its a old kernel i know and i have some backports on it. i avoided switching to newer kernels due some serious issues under specific conditions on these models (unrelated to qos, but to flash memory access). the drivers are basicly the same as for openwrt and it runes fairly well for all schedulers except for cake here. usually there is also a big in the out of tree version of cake. but i havent found anything while reviewing

  - Jonathan Morton