On Apr 22, 2007, at 3:44 PM, Keith Holmes wrote:

The first time I danced Daybreak Reel was to Michael's calling in
Brattleboro back in 1981. Starting balances on the left foot was the custom in the Monadnock area of New Hampshire at the time. I wrote the dance down
and talked with Michael who said something to the effect that "we're
different from the rest of the country."

Can't say that we do it that way any more. Seems like we mostly start off on the right, unless it's the second balance in Rory O'More.

Lisa