I have a category called "Allemande-y" for dances with many allemandes, or a
feeling of hand-to-hand. That covers dances like Mary Cay's or Lost and Found
(Tom Hind's gents version) or Southern Swing (with the allemande to a swing
thru to allemande).

My problem is all those dances that don't have any distinctive figure at all. I
have a category called basic, which is good for easy dances, or first dances of
the evening. But I have all these other dances that have a high piece count and
I wouldn't call easy, but aren't particularly distinctive.

Probably, I should put them in the category called "Trash" because I tend not
to call them anyway. I have all these dances in my box I don't call, but cannot
bring myself to winnow out!