Dan,

You're right, the move is awkward for the men. If I were going to re-write the dance it might look something like this:

A1  Circle left 3/4, gents roll neighbor right
     1/2 hey (gents pass left)
A2  Neighbor bal. & swing
B1 Long lines
Gents Al. Right 3/4, new gents Al. Left 3/4 (ladies take a step to the left)
B2 Partner Bal. & swing

I have danced other dances with the gent's using this progression, but can't think of them right now. Maybe someone else on this list has them in their collection and would like to share?

Chris Weiler
Goffstown, NH

Dan Black wrote:
Gang,

By the way, Mary Kays Reel is a favorite and I enjoy changing roles in this
dance ( the lady role rocks).  There seems to be an awkward sequence in the B1
in the below referenced dance:
B1  Promenade (the dance originally called for a right and left through
here)
Gents allemande Right 3/4 to a fleeting long lineThe gents right hand may be
behind the lady for the promenade then the gent has to reach out with his right
hand for an allemande right without bopping his neighbor in the head or worse.

Do I have this right? While walking this in my living room it seems uncomfortable, has anyone dance this sequence to confirm this?