John,

There is a mistake in the definition of "count."  The article says a count
is "A count (as used above) is one half of a musical measure, such as one
quarter note in 2/4 time or three eighth notes in 6/8 time."

It would be more accurate to say that a count is one "beat" of a measure.
For example, in 4/4 time, there would be four counts/beats per measure.
There are a number of 4/4 tunes played for contra dances so say that all
tunes are 2/4 or 3/8 time is inaccurate.  A slightly important mistake is to
say that 1 quarter note in 2/4 time is a count/beat.  It would be a half
note, not a quarter note.

Ok, with the exception of that rather minor mistake, the rest of the article
seemed pretty accurate to me.  The descriptions seemed well-described.

One quibble with the definition of a California Twirl.  The definition
states the convenient hands joined.  I think of a California Twirl
specifically as the gent's right hand and ladies left hand being joined.
I've heard a couple of callers use "Navada Twirl" for the flip situation of
having the gent's left hand and ladies right hand joined.

I'd be curious to know whether the rest of you use California twirl to mean
the more general "convenient" hands or the more specific "gent's right and
lady's left."

Thanks.

Mark Hillegonds
Phone:   734-747-7148