Tom wrote:

Earlier (a year or two ago) I e-mailed sharedweight a question or
comment about squares.  It never got sent around.
At the time, I figured someone was filtering the various e-mails and
wanted to make sure the discussion was geared only towards contra.
Fine.  Now I see that others can send questions etc. about squares.
Am I being treated any differently than other people who are signed
up for sharedweight?

When I recieve an e-mail from sharedweight, the question and the
answers are in the same e-mail!!!  It must be that the others get to
see the question and then answer it before I get to see the
question.  Am I left out of the loop -like you're afraid that I'm
always going to jump in with my 2 cents (maybe because I'm an
experienced caller).

I have nothing to do with sharedweight administration, but it looks fairly
clear that you're signed up for the digest version of the list, which
automatically bundles up all the list traffic over some period and sends
it out to you.

If you want to get individual emails as they're sent, you need to not be on
the digest version.  You can follow the web link in the footer of each message
to get to the page where you can login and change your subscription
preferences.

-- Alan

Alan Winston --- wins...@ssrl.slac.stanford.edu
Disclaimer: I speak only for myself, not SLAC or SSRL   Phone:  650/926-3056
Paper mail to: SSRL -- SLAC BIN 99, 2575 Sand Hill Rd, Menlo Park CA   94025