> Thanks to everyone to replied to my query about insurance. I've considered it
> off and on over the years; it probably made more sense when I was touring a
> lot. I'll probably sign up any way.
>
> Bree Kalb
> Carrboro, NC

Here is a story that happened to a friend of mine. He was calling a dance in a
publicly owned building (rec. center, I believe, but not sure). There were
folding chairs spread around the walls. At one point, on each side of the hall,
there was a fire extinguisher hanging on the wall. The floor beneath the
extinguisher wsa painted in a big square with an admonition indicating no
chairs were to be placed in front of the fire extinguisher.. in other words, a
red zone.  It was customary for the ladies attending this particular venue to
place their handbags (purses) on the floor, in the red  square. One night, a
lady, who sitting next to the red square, reached down to retrieve her purse
off the floor. When she reached it, she stood up, and the top  of her head
crashed into the bottom edge of the fire extinguisher. It caused a gash which
had to be attended to in an emergency room.

The lady sued the city, the dance club sponsoring the dance, the fire
extinguisher manufacturer, AND THE CALLER, whom she contended should have
warned her about the danger.

Whether she won the suit or not, it still must be defended. Insurance is
indispensable. If you don't have it, get it. It's not expensive and it can save
you so much aggravation should an accident occur.

Ron Nelson

Chula Vista, CA