I like dance 2.  What are you going to call it?

On 1/14/2011 11:36 PM, Bronwyn Woods wrote:
I wrote a couple dances to fill gaps in the program at this evening's
Pittsburgh dance, and they both went quite well.  But since they were
inspired by a number of other dances there's a good chance they already
exist.  Anybody recognize either of these?

Dance A
Becket (ccw)

A1:
(8) Long lines forward; on the way back, men roll partner away
(8) Pass through across.  Each person turns 1/4 to their right and everyone
walk single file around the set to the next neighbors
A2:
(8) Right hand star once around with new neighbors (hands across)
(8) Gents drop out, Women allemande right 1 1/2
B1:
(16) Balance and swing neighbor
B2:
(8) Men allemande left 1 1/2
(8) Swing partner

Note:  The single file promenade flows nicely into the hands across star if
the gents take right hand as they pass each other and the women fall in
behind them.

Dance B
Becket (cw)

A1:
(8) Long lines forward and back
(8) Right and left through
A2:
(8) Circle left 3/4
(8) Neighbor swing
B1:
(8) Ladies chain on the left diagonal (to shadow)
(8) Give right hands to the person across the set, balance, pull by right.
  Pull by shadow left.  [like a piece of an interrupted square through]
B2:
(16) Balance and swing partner

Thanks,
Bronwyn