Good points, all, as usual.

The more difficult problem is how to keep the creeps from behaving that way
with younger, or newer, dancers, who don't know yet what sort of atmosphere
we generally maintain, and are reluctant to "cause a scene". Mostly, I
think, if it's too bad, they just go away, never to return and find out that
99% of dancers would never think of acting that way.

So, when we tell these folks a direct "NO" (and we should, oh yes, we
should!) we can do those dancers a favor and tell the creeps exactly what
they did that was offensive. Tell them what they did and how you feel about
it. And tell a trustworthy board member.

I admit I haven't always been direct with people on my own behalf - I just
get away and move on. Oddly, I'm much more comfortable speaking to these
folks on behalf of others. No fear. Wonder what that's about.