Seeking Caller for Trenton, Maine Contra this Saturday (9/17/11)

Hi everyone,

I'm playing the Trenton Contra Dance in Maine this Saturday night on piano
along with Brendan Carey Block on fiddle.  It has come to my attention
today
that the organizers, having contacted seven or eight of the "usual
suspects"
up in that area, find themselves unable to find a caller for the dance,
and
I am hoping that my email might reach someone on the Shared Weight list
who
would be available and interested in calling for it.

With regards to pay for the dance, there is unfortunately no guarantee
(for
the band or caller) but my impression is that the pay will at least be *
something*, and that it's a really fun dance, though also one that tends
be on the small-medium side in attendance.

Malcolm Sanders, one of the dance organizers, will be driving from
Burlington, Vermont on Friday afternoon or evening and returning to
Burlington sometime Sunday and could give a caller from that area a ride.
could theoretically give someone a ride from the Boston area but it would
mean leaving early in the day on Friday and returning Sunday late
afternoon
(because Matching Orange -- me, Brendan, and Eric McDonald -- has gigs
Friday night and Saturday afternoon, in addition to this Saturday night
contra).

If you are interested and can do this, please email me at
eric.eid.rei...@gmail.com, or you can call me at 781-608-3442.  However, I
will be at a rehearsal from 7:00-10:00 p.m. tonight so if you want to
respond in that timeframe, email is probably best.  If you know of someone
who would be a solid caller for a full 3-hour dance but isn't on Shared
Weight, you are welcome to pass this email on to them.  Thank you very
much!

Sincerely,
Eric Eid-Reiner
www.EricEid-Reiner.com