I've been wondering if there would be enough interest (and traffic) to form an
email list for contra dance website webmasters and other content creators
(e.g., people posting videos to youtube) and people maintaining contra dance
related "pages" on Facebook to discuss some of the issues and ideas and share
links, etc.

I created the website http://southfloridacontradance.com/  and I'm always
looking for good videos to share (see the "Announcements" page) and links about
contra dancing (see the "What is Contra Dance?" and "Dance Links" pages).  I
also help maintain the "South Florida Contradance" page on Facebook.

In particular, I think that finding, generating, and sharing fresh content is
the kind of thing that will keep our web sites looking current and vibrant and
will spark interest. I also think it's important to design for both the current
dancer (when and where is tonight's dance or next month's festival?) and be
informative and welcoming to the uninitiated.  Sharing relevant, high quality
links will also help make sure that search results yield the best information
about our beloved activity.

As for folks posting to YouTube... as a caller, I often want to know the name
and author of the dance being done!

Respond to this thread and if there's enough interest, perhaps we can convince
the kind folks who run SharedWeight.net to start a new mailing list for this.

Let me know what you think!
/Andy Shore
http://andyshore.com/
http://facebook.com/AndyShore.Caller   << like me on Facebook!