From: Bill Baritompa <staf...@ext.canterbury.ac.nz>
To: Caller's discussion list <call...@sharedweight.net>
Sent: Tuesday, 13 December 2011 4:04 PM
Subject: [Callers] Report from New Zealand

Hi All,

      Contra dancing started here in Christchurch in 2008 and  now we have a
regular
monthly contra dance with between 30-60 coming. A large number of musicians
are now keen on playing - we almost always have live music now. A few people
have
tried their hand at calling.

      SW has been very helpful in getting this going, I get lots of useful
help. A number
of you have shared many dances with me, and given helpful feedback.

The other boost we get here is the infrequent but highly welcome visits by keen
contra dancers and musicians. I have been lucky to meet some of you in person in
that way.

February will be such a time. A contra tour party will be visiting, and helping
run
a contra dance weekend. If any of you happen to be travelling in NZ it would be
great to see you (not just in February). Check out contra.baritompa.com for what
will be happening.

Everyone have a great holiday season and New Year.

Cheers, Bill