I guess the most important question I would ask is this: is this group
planning on continuing as a contra dance series or are they only interested in
a  one-night stand dance? And how many is "a large group"?

If it's a one night stand then I'd stay away from contras completely (other
 than Virginia Reel, OXO and Boston Tea Party), but if they are interested
in  continuing as a contra dance series that's another story.

Donna Hunt
"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while  we're here we should
dance." -unknown

In a message dated 7/23/2012 4:25:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,