Dear John,
What is the timing for the A1/A2 in this dance? Or is it that the dance has only one A? Also, for role free changes on the diagonal, I usually say "right diagonals cross" "left diagonals cross".
Thanks for the dances; always great to have new dances to use for ONS.
Linda

Finding Your Balance (by John Sweeney)
Contra; Becket (CW)
A1/A2: Four Changes of Right & Left with Balances Forward & Back before
each one - Start Right with Partner
B1:     Balance the Ring; Men Cross
        Balance the Ring; Ladies Cross
B2:     Half Promenade
        Yearn on the Left Diagonal to New Neighbours
(Or First & Second Corners for the crossings if you want to avoid
gender)

Duck! (by John Sweeney)
Contra; Improper; Double Progression
A1:     Neighbour Dosido
        Neighbour Two Hand Turn - open into a circle
A2:     Circle Left; Circle Right
B1:     Men Dosido
        Ladies Dosido
B2:     Balance the Ring; #2s Arch, #1s Duck Through to New Circle
        (Turn (as a couple) quickly if you have reached the end and join
in      again straight away)
        Balance the Ring; #2s Arch, #1s Duck Through to face New
Neighbours
(Or First & Second Corners for the Dosidos if you want to avoid gender)
(I had intended to alternate the arching - but having all the arches
come up the hall is easier for beginners.)