Luke said " Something with a 1st corners/2nd corners wasn't what I had
in mind here (as if you accidentally swapped role post swing, you'd
suddenly have to remember you were a different number)".

Like Linda I always think of them as "right diagonals" and "left
diagonals" - it's not who you are, but where you are.  So it should
work, but of course there are bound to be some confused people :-)

Linda asked for the timing of:
"A1/A2: Four Changes of Right & Left with Balances Forward & Back before
each one - Start Right with Partner"

Alan's response was spot on:

Finding Your Balance (by John Sweeney)
Contra; Becket (CW)
A1:     Right hand Balance Forward & Back with Partner (4)
        Pull by Partner, face Neighbour (4)
        Left hand Balance Forward & Back with Neighbour (4)
        Pull by Neighbour, face Partner (4)
A2:     Repeat A1 from these places, finishing at home
B1:     Balance the Ring; Men Cross
        Balance the Ring; Ladies Cross
B2:     Half Promenade
        Yearn on the Left Diagonal to New Neighbours (Single
Progression)

I use this dance with less experienced dancers when I want to do a dance
later in the session which has normal Right & Left Changes.  The Balance
in this dance gives them more time to orientate themselves and get used
to going round a four person Grand Chain (Grand Right & Left) without
superfluous turns.  I can get people to do a Grand Chain in a big
circle, then a Grand Chain in a three-couple circle, but as soon as I
reduce it to a two-couple circle some of them start turning the wrong
way as they pull by. :-)

Happy dancing,
John

John Sweeney, Dancer, England j...@modernjive.com 01233 625 362