On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Greg McKenzie <greken...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you define "down the hall" and explain why you see it as a problem?
>
> Do you mean "down the hall four in line", "Twos down the outside?"  Any
> "down the hall" figure at all?
>
> Just wondering.

 I can't speak for Tavi, but "It's easy to find simple dances with a
down-the-hall figure..." suggests that finding more dances that go
down the hall is not the pressing question, not that down the hall is
a problem per se.

 Down the hall in a line of 4 is by far the most common these days,
and it's distinctive enough that I'd be surprised to see it more than
twice in an evening. (Consider how often dancers automatically end a
swing facing across without the caller telling them to.) So one's
program needs to include a lot more dances that don't contain a
down-the-hall figure.

Yoyo Zhou