On Thu, Jan 17, 2013, Kalia Kliban wrote:
> On 1/17/2013 11:34 AM, Dave Casserly wrote:
>>
>>Instead, I think we should aim any solutions at the people
>>who dance with those of the opposite gender every single dance, and do not
>>sit out the entire night.  Those are the people who are most competitive
>>about partnering and book ahead the most.
>
> Not necessarily.  They could equally well be known to be superb
> dancers and enjoyable partners who simply get asked to dance very
> quickly, and never feel a need to book ahead.

You have a point, but my perception is that your "equally well" is wrong.
That is, when there's a large gender disparity, the people doing almost
every dance with the opposite gender are more likely to be booking ahead.

(Note that I don't have any recent experience because the dances I've
been to in the last couple of years have been mostly gender-balenced.)
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/