Hi,
    I'm starting a new Community Dance series in our area with no recent
history of any trad dance. It will likely be nearly all beginners and geared
toward adults/teens. Thanks to this List I have a good collection of ONS dances
to choose from, but I'm having trouble deciding on the First Dance.
    I'm thinking a non-partner dance that folks can be encouraged to join as they
arrive (before they sit down) with very little or no teaching. I've considered
Circles/F&Bs with variety of who goes in, probably with claps. Or CL, F&B 2x,
CR, start a promenade wave at a random spot, people coupling up one after another till
all are promenading (I'll be on the floor with them). I'm concerned with the usual --
looking easy enough, looking interesting, not embarrassing, getting them involved
before they have a chance to think much about it. I have no idea how many dancers I'll
have.
    Any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated.
        Thanks,  Sue
Sue Robishaw, U.P. of Michigan