On Mon, Sep 23, 2013, Mark Stowe wrote:

> Research suggests that we humans are happiest when we are succeeding at
> something that we can just barely accomplish.

There may be some truth to that, but it certainly isn't true for my
relationship with contra dancing and square dancing.  I'm far more
accomplished at contra than square due to my hearing, which was the
whole point of my earlier "dance trance" comment; I suppose it might be
argued that I'm in fact not accomplished at square dancing, but I doubt
many people would make that claim.

(In case it's not clear, I'm much happier after a contra dance than a
square dance -- I'm physically exhausted after contra but mentally and
often emotionally exhausted after squares.)
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/