I'll just put this out there, because a ladies allemande to star promenade was
called just weeks ago in Atlanta: in a line of 20 couples, only two other
ladies gave me the right weight to satisfyingly whirl.  All the gents and we
three ladies really did not enjoy the lameness of it.  And no, it was not a
line packed with newbies.  I have had similar issues before.  Women often don't
weight an allemande enough, let alone do things like push off to twirl out.  So
if you write it into the dance, the only time it will likely be well danced in
my region is at festivals.  I doubt my experience is singular.  A groan and
much chatter arose from the floor as we realized what was about to happen.
Andrea

Sent from my iOnlypretendtomultitask