People have been trying adding flutterwheel for decades, but it's never
stuck. I've only danced it at MWSD contra events.

Some people who've written flutterwheel contras:
Cary Ravitz (Butterflies)
Seth Tepfer (Swingin' on a Star, Split Tree Flutterwheel)
Ken Bonner (several)
Tom Hinds (Ova's Dance, Mixing Bowl, Double Take)

along with a number of lesser known choreographers.

Flutterwheel isn't quite the same as gent's chain, as the initial momentum
need is different. And it's not a strongly connected figure.

So maybe it's just that it's not really needed, and it's not that exciting
a figure. Or it could be because it comes from MWSD.

It also may appear more in British contras, where there's more
cross-pollination of moves.

-Chris Page
San Diego