From: Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com>
To: callers <call...@sharedweight.net>
Sent: Thu, Feb 13, 2014 4:34 pm
Subject: Re: [Callers] Planned vs. "on-the-fly" call wording (was Re: Circle &
pass through as the last move of a dance)

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014, Jonathan Sivier wrote:

>    I like to change around the exact words I use during a dance.  In
> part to keep myself and the dancers alert.  Also if a given phrase
> doesn't work for someone then the next time through if I say something
> slightly different it may make more sense for them.  Also if some part
> of the dance seems to be causing problems for some of the dancers I
> may change the words I'm using in order to, hopefully, help them out.

Does anyone have evidence that dancers pay attention to the caller after
the first few iterations?  I certainly don't, and my limited experience
as a caller indicates that few do (if any).
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/