Lindsay wrote:

> Well, you might want to walk this one back, then:
>
> >> "The dancers in your video look like a competent group of regulars who
> are
> >> able to adapt to poorly-structured calls quickly and graciously. I'm
> sure
> >> they have a lot of practice at it. I find it very productive to be more
> >> diligent in my own calling."

Alright.  I only watched part of the first video.  I didn't really note who
the caller was.  And I certainly didn't mention any caller.  (The names of
the callers were inserted into my post by a subsequent poster.  I never
mentioned them.)  I was trying to make the point that this was a group of
regular contra dancers, with few, if any, first-timers in the crowd.  Since
there are no callers I know of who use structured calls regularly it is a
sure bet that these folks have had lots of experience interpreting
unstructured calls.

I seldom call for such experienced groups.  Consequently I use structured
calls more than most callers do to maintain the confidence of newcomers.  I
should have been more clear in my post, and I should have anticipated that
some folks might take it personally.  I'm sorry about that.  As a policy I
try to avoid taking anything posted here personally unless it has my name
on it.

- Greg McKenzie
West Coast, USA