I love this dance and have called it with delightful success for a mostly
experienced group of contra dancers. It's a tricky to teach because of switches
in orientation and new neighbors, and can be tricky to dance if come of the
dancers become disoriented by those quick changes.

That little bit of distance at the end of A2/beginning of B1might best be
described as 'arms length for both you and your partner' because you want to be
able to generate some 'weight' or 'springiness' to begin pulling together for
the first box the gnat, then successfully complete the next three moves in B1
in a timely way.        [Think of the old Jitterbug dancing.]

Karin Neils