Years ago I often called Hillsborough Jig (and a similar contra corners dance
called Mica Flats) as an alternating dance, so much so that Rick Mohr told me I
should call it "Goldernating Corners." But I borrowed the idea from someone,
who had borrowed it from someone else, and so forth. I don't believe this
constitutes a new dance. It is just a technique for a caller to consider for
occasional use when the sets are long and the #2 couples worry that they are
never going to get to the top of the set and swing their partners. … Bob