Maia - I have checked and the dance is in Carol's book "The Lizard Research Institute" which should be available thru CDSS.

Anyway to quote Carol out of the book/"Because this dance has more satisfying interactions with one's shadow than with one's partner//, I have dancers line up in Becket formation, roll away with a half sashay and swing the one they meet, and take hands f//our from there ( with//a couple out at the top of the set ). I then explain that the person they asked to dance is now their shadow, the one they swung is their partner, and I tell them why. Inevitable, some dancers are not listening when I explain this, even if I repeat it a few times;try it at your own risk.

/I have danced and called this dance and enjoyed it.
This may not solve your dilemma but rather just moved it. Just a suggestion.
Jane Ewing
Grant, AL