Hi All:

Thanks for the summary, Andrea.  I don't have much use for shadow swings, and
I'm uneasy calling a dance that needs a disclaimer.  But one shadow swing I
like is a "corner" swing in 4 facing 4s.  This means all swing a neighbor half
the time, and a shadow the other half, about 7-8 times.  Here the caller can
help avoid awkward shadow interactions (and the need for a disclaimer) by
announcing "the next dance will be a 4 facing 4" as soon as possible, instead
of forming contra lines and merging sets.  Folks can then shop around for a
line of 4 they'll be comfortable with -

Bob