I agree with this. I have observed an occasional beginners session where the
caller tries to teach every single move. That makes no sense,  how can a person
who is unfamiliar with all of this possibly absorb so much information?

Definitely some work with music.  And sometimes I have observed confusion
because while the caller is teaching the band is warming up and playing
fragments that are out of sync with what is being taught.

The thing I always tell a beginner when I dance with one is “It is OK to make
mistakes - even experienced dancers make mistakes”.

        John