Hi Leonard,

Actually, this will be ok. This lens is so physically large I will not
be using any movements with it.  I was really pleasantly surprised to
get f16.  I was prepared to be happy with f8.  The interesting thing
here, which is probably intuitive anyway, is the difference between
putting the stop in the front vs. the rear.  Interesting what you said
about the ND filters.  I hadn't thought of that.  No way I'd even try
slotting the barrel.  It's a heavy aluminum casting, and I have no idea
where the glass starts and ends in this thing.  I could send it off to
Steve Grimes, but that would blow the budget for the whole project. This
is a 4x5 camera that combines a Speed Graphic fp shutter with a set of
three military aerial recon lenses I've acquired over the last few
years.  There's a 3 inch wide angle ( the hugest of them all, no iris,
but at least a place to put one), a 6 inch normal( the most compact,
with an iris, and will have full movements), and this medium size 12
inch lens.  Like I said, it has no iris, and no place to put one,
except, as I've discovered, right in front!

Gene