A wire frame should be quite accurate provided the hole at the eye-end is
not too large.   You don't have parallax correction but many viewfinders do
not and those which do need input about the distance of the object to be
photographed. You would have to input this manually because you do not have
a rangefinder to do the job for you (it is coupled in many cameras.) Even
my older Leica lacked this refinement; one learns to live without it with a
fair accuracy.

Bob