OK on the non-glare framing glass not making useful ground glass - I think
it's useless for framing too :O)

I understand the concept of the spacing of the emulsion relative to the film
holder 'pressure plate', but if someone know's a spec or tolerance, that
would be nice.

I could always start with a measurement on the film holder -

pressure plate-to-film holder face and see what happens.

I guess I'll find out if it's the same for different format  film holders.

I echo Paul van der Hoof's interest in  mega-size film holders. I know
someone sells a 20 x 24 film holder for $400 (Wisner?), but that's outta my
budget.

Another goofy idea I have is wondering if there is a way to develop vacuum
thru air flow, like a Venturi tube or something like that...either a funnel
to catch breezes (this is getting a little far-fetched), or maybe a
flywheel/impeller that could be cranked to develop air flow.

Or a battery-operated fan in-line in a hose...hmmmm, I'll have to try that.

Problem then is how to use a ground glass where the vacuum film holder
is...probably have to remove the vacuum film holder, insert GG, focus, swap
GG for VFH again and see if the subject has fallen asleep or left the scene
already. My VFH doesn't have an back that opens.

Murray

It would seem