On Mar 19, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> Perhaps I should be more specific -- I have a Firefox extension I
> would
> like to port to Camino. It does not use XUL; it's a pure protocol
> handler,
> written in JavaScript via XPConnect. What kinds of changes would
> need to be
> done to allow such a thing to run under Camino? Or has that not
> really been
> explored yet?

Whether or not a non-XUL extension works is very dependent on the
specific extension and what it uses, so there's no general answer. If
it's interacting entirely with core components, then it may Just Work;
on the other hand if it's interacting with higher-level components,
they may not exist at all in Camino.

If you have a specific part of the extension that's failing, we can
probably point you in the right direction.

-Stuart