I'm struggling with a bizarre bug in the interaction between Typinator
2.1, a snippet-expander utility, and Camino 1.5.5. (I'm working in
Leopard 10.5.2 on a dual G4 Mac.) I have defined a Typinator
abbreviation as follows:

abbreviation: mkl
expansion: <a href="{clip}">{^}</a>

This means that when I type mkl, Typinator will replace those three
letters with the expansion text, within which "{clip}" represents the
contents of the clipboard, which get pasted in there, and "{^}" is where
the cursor is placed after the expansion is completed.

In every other browser I've tried (Firefox 2.0.0.12, Safari 3.1, and
iCab 4.0.1), and in other apps I've tried (Stickies, Word, Terminal,
Thunderbird), Typinator works perfectly. However, when I type the
abbreviation into a text box in Camino 1.5.5, the cursor ends up
positioned two words to the left of where it should be. For instance, if
the clipboard contains "http://www.mozilla.com/";, the cursor ends up
just to the left of "mozilla":

and if the clipboard contains
"http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/";, the cursor ends up just to
the left of "US":

I've traced this to some sort of strange interaction with the HTML code
in the expansion. If I define the expansion as <a href="{clip}">{^}</a ,
leaving off the final angle bracket, the cursor ends up one word to the
left of where it should be:

If I leave off both angle brackets, defining the expansion as <a
href="{clip}">/a , the cursor ends up positioned after the backslash
(i.e., one character too far to the *right*). If I leave out the
backslash as well, defining the expansion as <a href="{clip}">{^}a ,
then the cursor ends up where it should be, just to the left of the a.

Again, this happens *only* when Typinator expands an abbreviation in a
text box in Camino, not when it does so in any other program, including
  any other browser, that I've tried. Can anyone explain what is
happening here?

--
Shoshanna Green
[EMAIL PROTECTED]