On 12/08/2011 11:28 AM, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
The problem is IMHO that there is no one at INRIA caring about ARM.

I'm pretty sure you mean "core development team", not INRIA. INRIA is a large research institute, you know. And as I said, the "core development team" is not limited to members of INRIA. It may very well be the case that no one in this team care about ARM (honestly, I don't know), and if this is the case, I agree this should be fixed.

In an open model we would have maintainers for the ARM port(s).

Yes, I argue for opening the current model a little, by enlarging the existing core team. Creating a new "core team" would create more frustration and problems than it would solve, in my opinion. We have enough fragmentation in this community.

Instead, I'd suggest contacting the existing core team (c...@inria.fr) in order
to find a solution.

I wasn't aware that there is a separate communication channel for the core
team. I was under the impression that the caml-list was the best way to reach
both the core team and the community.

I confirm that the best way to contact the core team is c...@inria.fr (see http://caml.inria.fr/contact.en.html).

Alain