As Alain said, the core team is important, it is the label of quality of
OCaml, but there is a real need to enlarge the existing core team, who
cannot cope anymore with reviewing and integrating all the
contributions. However, it cannot be done by just opening the doors to
all volunteers: people have to prove that they can not only write very
good, very useful code, but also commit to support it for years.

This last point is a long-term process, and OCamlPro has been created
with this idea in mind. The company has been founded in April this year,
and is growing slowly, but steadily, thanks to the trust and support of
its first customers. Of course, once OCamlPro joins the core team, the
control will still be at INRIA, but there will be more manpower to
review contributions, improve them and integrate them in the official
distribution, so things are going to move.

Of course, people who want to make this process complete faster, are
welcome to help it, for example by making their companies and
universities officially support OCamlPro (cont...@ocamlpro.com).

--Fabrice