On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 08:08:31AM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> What exactly is broken. Have you logged a bug with Ubuntu or with

I don't know as I don't use Ubuntu myself, but being a regular of the
Debian OCaml mailing list, it has happened multiple times (maybe 4 or 5,
I don't remember) that Ubuntu users complained about "inconsistent
assumption" errors on that list.

I don't know which was the Ubuntu release and of course I trust your
words when you say that with LTS everything is OK. I was just observing
that if in some other Ubuntu releases there are issues with OCaml stuff,
maybe they can be fixed with some pinning magics.

More generally, I've already stated in the past that we (Debian side)
are more than open towards Ubuntu developers willing to collaborate with
us for better support of OCaml in any Debian-based distro and to share
the workload (which is getting higher, as OCaml is approaching total
world domination). Sadly, nobody stepped forward to help.

If you, or anybody else, is an Ubuntu user willing to help in OCaml
package maintenance let me know, there is for sure a task for you :-)

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
[EMAIL PROTECTED],pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/