Somehow I forgot reply back when you posted this reply.  And I was just
reminded when I read this:

"Batteries is meant to serve the following purposes:
 [snip]
provide consistent abstractions and APIs for otherwise independent libraries.
"

on

http://wiki.cocan.org/events/europe/ocamlmeetinggrenoble2009

How can you expect to provide consistent abstractions if you are
not willing to make those decisions?

Cheers,

Bene

--
Calvin: I try to make everyone's day a little more
surreal.

(From Calvin & Hobbes)