On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:22:04PM -0800, Jason Hickey wrote:
> Thank you for pointing this out, I was unaware of this book.  My book
> on OCaml (currently circulating as an online pdf) is under contract
> with Cambridge University Press.
>
> I haven't read Mr. Rentsch's book (I just ordered a copy from Amazon).
>  I should point out that I have neither authorized nor endorsed Mr.
> Rentsch's book, nor have I given permission to use any text that I
> have written.  It would be heartbreaking to me if this work were to be
> published without my permission -- I started writing in 2000, and the
> text has been through many classes and much writing.  I must assume
> Tim wrote his text independently.  Still, I look forward to seeing a
> copy.

Right, I just read this - so ignore my comment(s) in the other threads.

This is definitely entering into the world of strange.

The "Tim Rentsch" book is, seemingly, an updated copy of the Jason
Hickey draft that has been floating around on the internet.
Unauthorized, it would seem.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones