Gregory Bellier wrote:
Hello Basile, thank you for your reply.

Yes, it will run Linux. It will have the uclibC or even the lib C.
The best case is to run native code for better performance. We'd like to cross-compile for the PowerPC.

I'm not a FPGA expert, I'm asking questions for a colleague who works on it.

From what you're saying, it should work properly because of the non-exotic environment thanks to Linux. Am I correct ?

Probably yes. A few years ago, I had a Powerbook G4 with a 32 bits PowerPC running Linux, and Ocaml did compile and run fine, even in native mode. Of course, I understand that your ocaml code runs inside an application in linux user mode (not inside the kernel!).

I would expect you might have minor issues in configuration or whatsover. I suppose you have enough RAM (and I have no idea what that means exactly on your system).

Please publish the patches you'll need to implement your solution.

But I never tried all that, so take all my saying with a big grain of salt.

BTW, I'm curious: what kind of embedded application do you want to code in Ocaml for what sort of device or system?

Regards