Le 30 mars 09 à 15:45, xclerc a écrit :

(...)

I have built a MacOS-to-Linux cross-compiler last week.
I do confirm that the hard part is getting a cross-[g]cc up and running. In fact, this is so tedious that I strongly encourage to resort to either
a prepackaged cross-[g]cc (from binaries, from a Linux packaging
system, whatever), or to the excellent "crosstool" available at :
        http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/

On the OCaml side, there are very few things to do and they are
quite straightforward. First, you have to emulate the behaviour of
"./configure" by producing "config/m.h", "config/s.h", and "config/ Makefile" by hand. This is easier than it may sound, just start from "config/m- templ.h", "config/s-temp.h", and "config/Makefile-templ" (these are comprehensively
commented).
Then, you will have to slightly patch some Makefiles, and you are done.

I will setup a webpage with all the necessary steps and patches as soon as I get my notes organized. This will allow us to share knowledge on the subject.

The build process I followed along with its accompagnying patch are
available on the Gallium wiki at the following URL:
        http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/CrossCompiler

This is clearly a very experimental draft that is still a bit hackish.
All reports, both positive and negative are hence very welcome,
in order to polish it up.

Hope this helps,

Xavier Clerc