On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Florent Ouchet <florent.ouc...@imag.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Same here, specially to avoid the Not_found exception.
> The optional return values gives the oportunity to have a clear view of what
> is being done if the result is not available.

That depends on the code, I think. In some cases the exception may
arise from deep in the code, and it would make sense not to bother
with a lot of type overhead for many levels of nesting and function
calling. But if all you are doing is checking the success of a
function, I suppose option types will be more efficient.

Best,

--
Eray Ozkural, PhD candidate.  Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara