Le 28/11/2010 19:17, oli...@first.in-berlin.de a écrit :
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 04:58:55PM +0100, Christophe Raffalli wrote:
>> Hello,
>>> To the extent that this rule is the same for all languages and that most
>>> languages on the shootout are also garbage collected, I think OCaml's
>>> problem with this benchmark do point at a weakness of the current
>>> GC code.
>> This is untrue ... the bintree example, is just bad in OCaml because the
>> default
>> value of the minor heap size is the correct value for reactive programs
>> where you want fast minor GC slice, because they interrupt the program ...
> [...]
>
> And if your program contains both kinds of functionality?
> What possible solution would you recommend?

Changing the value of the minor heap size at runtime ...
There is no pb with this ...

> Ciao,
>    Oliver

Christophe Raffalli
Universite de Savoie
Batiment Le Chablais, bureau 21
73376 Le Bourget-du-Lac Cedex

tel: (33) 4 79 75 81 03
fax: (33) 4 79 75 87 42
mail: christophe.raffa...@univ-savoie.fr
www: http://www.lama.univ-savoie.fr/~RAFFALLI
IMPORTANT: this mail is signed using PGP/MIME
At least Enigmail/Mozilla, mutt or evolution
can check this signature. The public key is
stored on www.keyserver.net