On 12/07/2010 10:42 AM, gasche wrote:
On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Alain Frisch <al...@frisch.fr
<mailto:al...@frisch.fr>> wrote:

    The graphical toplevel does not depend on labltk, so the two issues
    are really unrelated.  For crashes with the OCamlWin.exe, I was
    thinking about http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=4399 and
    http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=3052, but this might be pure
    FUD. The real problem is that nobody seems interested enough in this
    graphical toplevel to put serious work on it.

I beg to differ. In my experience, the Graphics module is a wonderful
tool to get non-programming beginners interested in OCaml. I have been
in the position of teaching OCaml to beginners, and the single thing
they remember and found *fun* was displaying the mandelbrot fractal, and
then playing with different color functions to get fancy results.

We were discussing the graphical toplevel (OCamlWin.exe), not the Graphics module. The two are unrelated.

-- Alain