I love it. Thank you to the Creative Pony :-)

- Dave E.

Alls we need to do is this. Now listen up closely and I'll tell you a little story about a silly little hack.

Once upon a time, a pony was seen to be doing semaphore with her ears from atop a a great and mighty buffalo. But it wasn't a real buffalo, it was actually a great big rock that happened to look identical to a buffalo. Like a floating point rounding error away from being an actual buffalo. Really words don't do it justice.. Where was I? Oh yes. So the guys from Area 51 went down, thinking it were some kind of alien horse, communicating messages of destruction or peace, but when they decoded the semaphore message, it said this

LISTEN UP HUMANS STOP WE SEE YOU HAVE SOME ISSUES AND YOU NEED TO COMMUNICATE MORE EFFECTIVELY STOP YOUR MAILING LISTS ARE A GOOD START STOP THEY ARE TOO DIVISIVE HOWEVER AND LACK GOOD DATA PORTABILITY STOP WE SUGGEST YOU CONNECT THEM TOGETHER BY FORGING A SUBSCRIBE REQUEST EMAIL FROM ONE LIST AND SEND IT TO THE OTHER STOP THEN YOU CAN CONFIRM IT BECAUSE THE MESSAGE WILL GO THROUGH TO THE LIST EXCLAMATION POINT IT IS A TRUE FACT THAT MAILING LISTS WORK JUST LIKE ROMANTIC COMEDIES STOP WE HOPE THIS KNOWLEDGE HELPS AND YOUR MAILING LISTS ENJOY THEIR DATE EVEN IF THEY LEARN TO RESENT YOU ALL FOR TRICKING THEM STOP AND HERE ARE SOME PRIME NUMBERS SO YOU KNOW WE ARE ALIENS 2 3 5 7 11 13 17 19 23 29…

And that's the tale of how we came to solve all of the world's hunger and poverty, and why on this special day every year, the 26th of July, we celebrate by eating a giant pizza in the centre of the city!

—
Jenna

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Dave Everitt <dever...@innotts.co.uk> wrote: That still leaves "How can inboard links to the existing list be forwarded?" Can we redirect* from rubyforge? Given that broken links to rubyforge mailing list posts are going to exaggerate the 'Camping is dead' impression - Dave E