Bartosz Dziewoński wrote:
> Windows XP, Opera 10.61 (newest stable), 1024x768. It looks similar in
> Firefox 3.6 (http://imgur.com/atSts.png).

Yeah. It's an artefact of Microsoft's plainly terrible type engine. I'm not
sure how to fix it or even if it's possible to fix it, short of manually
fattening up the typeface and User-Agent sniffing to serve differently weighted
typefaces to Microsoft platforms. There are tons of things which are more
important to me than making a custom typeface just to work around windows
'features'. I'll keep pondering for now.

> Also, the header breaks in Firefox - the fills do not fit the
> outlines: http://imgur.com/cJXoq.png

I'm aware of this issue and I fixed it in github yesterday (!) and sent a pull
request to Judofyr, however it hasn't been pushed yet to rubyforge. The issue
is to do with kerning data being stripped from one of the fonts and not the
other, an easy fix. Windows is far more aggressive than other platforms in
manipulating and modifying typefaces in it's attempts to mathematically
optimise them for display on computer screens. Most times this backfires, but
like I said, it's fixed now, I just don't have the ability to push the update.

Meanwhile: Working on moving the whole thing over to being backed by the GitHub
wiki, making it much more dynamic, and giving you all the opportunity to
contribute to making the camping site great, without having to figure out webby
and the rest. The wiki mirroring version is working really well locally.

—
Jenna